About Parasport Practitioner Development
This page is designed to provide direction, materials and information to assist you in advancing your Paralympic sport practitioner skills. Content has been organized and developed by the HPAC Paralympic Sport Committee.
- Kayla Dodson (Co-chair) - Canadian Sport Institute Pacific
- Tessa Gallinger (Co-chair) - Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Dr. Andy Marshall - Canadian Olympic Committee
- Dr. Sommer Christie - Wheelchair Rugby Canada
- Dr. François Prince - University of Montreal
- Patricia Roney - Athletics Canada
- Dr. Steve Dilkas - Canadian Sport Institute Ontario
- Heather Hynes - Canadian Sport Institute Saskatchewan
- Melissa Lacroix - Canadian Sport Institute Ontario
Sport Scientist Canada provides a Parasport Practitioner Development Program that supports professional development opportunities for high performance sport scientists working with Paralympic sport in Canada. This is achieved through the development of practitioner skills and competencies underpinning the application of knowledge specific to Paralympic sport.
- Create professional development and educational opportunities to enhance the knowledge and learning experience for sport scientists in Canada working in high performance Paralympic sport.
- Promote our Paralympic practitioner competencies through national collaboration and sharing of best practice within our sport science networks.
- Increase the scientific body of evidence by contributing to Paralympic sport research publications, and create resource materials designed to support the implementation of evidence -based work.
Did you know we have a Paralympic Sport Professional Development Group? We use the Basecamp platform to communicate, collaborate and share resources amongst practitioners working with Paralympic athletes in Canada. The platform includes dynamic discussions on documents, articles, presentations, and research covering topics such as IST, SPIN, health and performance, and Major Games. You must be an SSC Member to participate.
SSC events page
Sport Innovation (SPIN) Summit
Vista Scientific Conference
For access to the Knowledge Hub or SSC modules you must be logged in as an SSC member.
Reminder: when accessing Knowledge Hub resources, use the 'Topics' filter - Paralympic
Knowledge Hub Resources
Webinar and workshop recordings, athlete handbook, consensus statements, scientific articles, SPIN posters and presentations.
Paralympic Sport Modules
E-learning resources to develop foundational knowledge in Biomechanics and Physiology applied to Paralympic sport
Classification & Eligible Impairments
Sport Analysis and Rules
Meet the experts
Want to connect with the experts? See example biographies below. Join the Paralympic Sport Professional Development Group to pose questions and learn about career paths in Paralympic sport.